A Complete User-Friendly Jedi Sentinel COMBAT 5.0 Guide
- Sentinel WATCHMAN 5.0 Guide
- Sentinel CONCENTRATION 5.0 Guide
- Marauder ANNIHILATION 5.0 Guide
- Marauder CARNAGE 5.0 Guide
- Marauder FURY 5.0 Guide
- Commando GUNNERY 5.0 Guide
- Mercenary ARSENAL 5.0 Guide
The guide is structured in sub-pages for better orientation, less scrolling and easier navigation. Click on one of the 4 tabs below to visit the INTRODUCTION TO THE DISCIPLINE, STATS PRIORITIES AND GEARING TIPS, ABILITIES, UTILITIES AND PRIORITIES and CONCLUSION sections. Inside each one of the tabs (or sub-pages) you will find Table of Contents to further ease your navigation and help you find what you are looking for. The 4 tabs are available on the top and at the bottom.
The Combat Discipline is the 2nd of 3 available paths for the Jedi Sentinel Class. It provides great Burst damage, weaker Single Target Sustained damage and incredibly good Burst AoE damage. Due to the small number of abilities included in the main priority, the great burst potential and high mobility, it is ideal for leveling up.
What is Combat Good For
The playstyle involves a small number of abilities and has an opener capable of dealing very high amount of damage to one of multiple opponents quickly and efficiently. The spec is ideal for fights involving frequent target switching and/or multiple targets boss encounters. The AoE potential of Combat is incredible. At the time of writing this guide, even if played to the best of its abilities, Combat is still a little behind the highest parsing disciplines in the game. It does not have a specific rotation (well, you could use one, but it would ONLY be viable for the Ops Dummy), but rather relies on a very important abilities priority list and a various attack combos.
My personal recommendation for leveling sentinels is to use the Combat spec. Watchman offers decent self-support passive abilities that may help with tougher bosses during your leveling adventures and Concentration in 5.0 is a very powerful spec, but nothing compares to the pure raw feeling of bashing your enemies with your melee weapon.
Changes in Patch 5.0
With Knights of the Eternal Throne and Patch 5.0 the Combat spec was not changed significantly. Some of them I covered in this post as well as in my Class Changes Overview Video, based on the Developer Blogs.
- Lance: New ability for the Combat Discipline. High damage ability that hinders the movement of your enemy and reduces their armor.
- Blade Barrage: Blade Dance has been renamed to Blade Barrage. This is now an instantly activated ability to help add more mobility to the Sentinel.
- Zealous Judgment: Dispatch refunds 2 focus on targets affected by your Pacify. Additionally, Dispatch is usable on targets affected by your Pacify, regardless of remaining health. Pacify also grants Zealous Judgment, increasing Force and tech defense by 75% for 6 seconds.
- Hidden Advance: While Force Camouflage is active, you gain a charge of Hidden Advance every 0.5 seconds. Each charge of Hidden Advance increases the damage dealt by your next melee attack by 4%. Stacks up to 12 charges and lasts for up to 6 seconds after exiting Force Camouflage.
- Intercessor: Force Leap grants Intercessor, allowing you to activate Force Leap a second time. Intercessor lasts up to 7.5 seconds and is removed if Force Leap is reused. If Intercessor is not utilized by the end of its duration, Force Leap is placed on a 7.5 second cooldown. Additionally, Force Leap now builds 2 Centering.
Video guide to Sentinel COMBAT Discipline in SWTOR Patch 5.0. Includes Ability Priorities, Standard Opener, Utilities and more.
Have a question about the guide? Want to suggest something or share your visions?
Leave a comment, let me hear what you think about my presentation.
Did you find this post entertaining and useful? Let me know what’s your opinion. Leave a Comment & Share the article.
Stay in touch! Follow Vulkk on Facebook, Twitter & Google+. Sign up for the VULKK.com’s Weekly Newsletter.
Shop Related Products