A Complete User-Friendly Republic Commando GUNNERY 5.0 Guide
- Mercenary ARSENAL 5.0 Guide
- Sentrinel COMBAT 5.0 Guide
- SWTOR Sentinel WATCHMAN 5.0 Video Guide
- Marauder ANNIHILATION 5.0 Guide
- Marauder CARNAGE 5.0 Guide
The article is structured in sub-pages for better orientation, less scrolling and easier navigation. Click on one of the 4 tabs below to visit the INTRODUCTION TO THE DISCIPLINE, STATS PRIORITIES AND GEARING TIPS, ABILITIES, UTILITIES AND PRIORITIES and CONCLUSION sections. Inside each one of the tabs (or sub-pages) you will find Table of Contents to further ease your navigation and help you find what you are looking for. The 4 tabs are available on the top and at the bottom.
Gunnery is the 2nd Discipline of 3 available for the Republic Commando. It focuses on dealing direct damage without relying on DoTs much. Most of the hard hitting abilities are channeled, which fits perfectly into the role of the class – stay away from danger, pick a clean and safe spot and don’t move like crazy all the time (which is typical for MDPS, by default).
What is Gunnery Good For
The playstyle involves a small number of abilities and has an opener capable of dealing very high amount of damage to one of multiple opponents quickly and efficiently. The spec is ideal for fights involving frequent target switching and/or multiple targets boss encounters. The AoE potential of Gunnery is fairly good. My personal recommendation for leveling a Commando class is to use the very Gunnery spec. Nothing compares to the pure raw feeling of firing at your enemies with your heavy badass cannon.
Changes in Patch 5.0
With Knights of the Eternal Throne and Patch 5.0 the Gunnery spec was not changed significantly. Some of them I covered in this post as well as in my Class Changes Overview Video, based on the Developer Blogs.
- Echoing Deterrence: New ability exclusive to Commandoes which absorbs all single target damage, reflects 50% of it, and heals you for 5% of your health each time an attack is absorbed.
- One Man Army: Hindering a target with Electro Net grants One Many Army, increasing your alacrity by 15% for 9 seconds. Additionally, activating Supercharged Cell reduces the cooldown of Adrenaline Rush by 5 seconds.
- Trauma Stabilizers: While Reactive Shield is active, you generate a stack of Trauma Stabilizers each time you receive direct damage. Stacks up to 15 times. When Reactive Shield expires, each stack of Trauma Stabilizers instantly heals you for 5% of your maximum health.
- Suppression Protocols: Stealth Scan grants Suppression Protocols, increasing the damage or healing dealt by your next non-channeled direct damage or healing ability by 20%. For each target revealed from stealth, you generate an additional charge of Suppression Protocols. This effect stacks up to 5 charges and lasts for 10 seconds.
Have a question about the guide? Want to suggest something or share your visions?
Leave a comment, let me hear what you think about my presentation.
Did you find this post entertaining and useful? Let me know what’s your opinion. Leave a Comment & Share the article.
Stay in touch! Follow Vulkk on Facebook, Twitter & Google+. Sign up for the VULKK.com’s Weekly Newsletter.
Shop Related Products