A Complete User-Friendly Mercenary ARSENAL 5.0 Guide
- Commando GUNNERY 5.0 Guide
- Marauder COMBAT 5.0 Guide
- Marauder WATCHMAN 5.0 Guide
- Marauder ANNIHILATION 5.0 Guide
- Marauder CARNAGE 5.0 Guide
The article is structured in sub-pages for better orientation, less scrolling and easier navigation. Click on one of the 4 tabs below to visit the INTRODUCTION TO THE DISCIPLINE, STATS PRIORITIES AND GEARING TIPS, ABILITIES, UTILITIES AND PRIORITIES and CONCLUSION sections. Inside each one of the tabs (or sub-pages) you will find Table of Contents to further ease your navigation and help you find what you are looking for. The 4 tabs are available on the top and at the bottom.
Arsenal is the 2nd Discipline of 3 available for the Mercenary. It focuses on dealing direct damage without relying on DoTs much. Most of the hard hitting abilities are channeled, which fits perfectly into the role of the class – stay away from danger, pick a clean and safe spot and don’t move like crazy all the time (which is typical for MDPS, by default).
What is Arsenal Good For
The playstyle involves a small number of abilities and has an opener capable of dealing very high amount of damage to one or multiple opponents quickly and efficiently. The spec is ideal for fights involving frequent target switching and/or multiple targets boss encounters. The AoE potential of Arsenal is fairly good. My personal recommendation for leveling a Mercenary class is to use the very Arsenal spec. Nothing compares to the pure raw feeling of firing at your enemies with your heavy badass cannon.
Changes in Patch 5.0
With Knights of the Eternal Throne and Patch 5.0 the Arsenal spec was not changed significantly. Some of them I covered in this post as well as in my Class Changes Overview Video, based on the Developer Blogs.
- Responsive Safeguards: New ability exclusive to Mercenaries which absorbs all single target damage, reflects 50% of it, and heals you for 5% of your health each time an attack is absorbed.
- Tag and Bag: Hindering a target with Electro Net grants Tag and Bag, increasing your alacrity by 15% for 9 seconds. Additionally, activating Supercharged Gas reduces the cooldown of Kolto Overload by 5 seconds.
- Trauma Regulators: While Energy Shield is active, you generate a stack of Trauma Regulators each time you receive direct damage. Stacks up to 15 times. When Energy Shield expires, each stack of Trauma Regulators instantly heals you for 5% of your maximum health.
- Battlefield Protocols: Stealth Scan grants Battlefield Protocols, increasing the damage or healing dealt by your next non-channeled direct damage or healing ability by 20%. For each target revealed from stealth, you generate an additional charge of Battlefield Protocols. This effect stacks up to 5 charges and lasts for 10 seconds.
Have a question about the guide? Want to suggest something or share your visions?
Leave a comment, let me hear what you think about my presentation.
Did you find this post entertaining and useful? Let me know what’s your opinion. Leave a Comment & Share the article.
Stay in touch! Follow Vulkk on Facebook, Twitter & Google+. Sign up for the VULKK.com’s Weekly Newsletter.
Shop Related Products