A Complete User-Friendly Jedi Sentinel CONCENTRATION 5.2 Guide for PvE and PvP
- Jedi Sentinel WATCHMAN 5.0 Guide
- Jedi Sentinel COMBAT 5.0 Guide
- Marauder FURY 5.0 Guide
- Marauder ANNIHILATION 5.0 Guide
- Marauder CARNAGE 5.0 Guide
- Commando GUNNERY 5.0 Guide
- Mercenary ARSENAL 5.0 Guide
The guide is structured in sub-pages for better orientation, less scrolling and easier navigation. Click on one of the 4 tabs below to visit the INTRODUCTION TO THE DISCIPLINE, STATS PRIORITIES AND GEARING TIPS, ABILITIES, UTILITIES AND PRIORITIES and CONCLUSION sections. Inside each one of the tabs (or sub-pages) you will find Table of Contents to further ease your navigation and help you find what you are looking for. The 4 tabs are available on the top and at the bottom.
The Concentration Discipline is the third of 3 available paths for the Jedi Sentinel Class. It provides great Burst damage as well as strong Single Target and AoE sustained Damage Dealing. Offers good survivability and free mobility. Because it is considered a bit more advanced discipline and its best perks are earned at higher levels, it isn’t the best discipline for leveling (Combat is). However, it’s strong enough to allow players with even little to no experience to journey through the 70 levels of story missions and anything else on the side.
The playstyle involves a large number of abilities and has a good amount of Burst in the opener. The spec is suitable for both single and multi target damage dealing. While it performs slightly worse than Watchman and Combat on a single target, the AoE potential hidden inside Concentration is incredible. Concentration these days is mainly preferred for PvP as it offers great mobility and immunity to crowd control, while also performing very well on the offensive side. There’s an ongoing argument that in 5.0 Concentration may be even better at AoE than Combat. I personally don’t believe that. Concentration requires more time, abilities and awareness to perform to its best in AoE environment than Combat and it’s not even doing better DPS. What it does better than Combat is deliver very high amount of damage with only 1 AoE attack, which helps in leveling and PvP. In the first case mobs are weak enough that most would just die from 1 such attack and in PvP nobody stays still just waiting for you to hit them multiple times.
If played to the best of its abilities, Concentration is almost on par with the highest parsing disciplines in the game, currently. It does not have a specific rotation (well, you could use one, but it would ONLY be viable for the Ops Dummy). Depending on what purpose you want the discipline to serve, it can outperform the other 2, but that would require knowledge, practice and skills. We are going to go through as many tips and suggestions together during this detailed guide.
My personal recommendation for leveling sentinels is to avoid the Concentration spec. Its strongest side starts to shine at much later (higher) levels. Not that you will have any real trouble leveling with it, just Combat (my favorite for low levels) offers better tools for faster and smoother progress through the planets. If you really enjoy Concentration from the very beginning, there’s nothing to stop you from using it.
Changes in Patch 5.0
With Knights of the Eternal Throne and Patch 5.0 the Concentration spec was not changed significantly. Some of them I covered in this post as well as in my Class Changes Overview Video, based on the Developer Blogs.
- Blade Barrage: Blade Dance has been renamed to Blade Barrage. This is now an instantly activated ability to help add more mobility to the Sentinel.
- Zealous Judgment: Dispatch refunds 2 focus on targets affected by your Pacify. Additionally, Dispatch is usable on targets affected by your Pacify, regardless of remaining health. Pacify also grants Zealous Judgment, increasing Force and tech defense by 75% for 6 seconds.
- Hidden Advance: While Force Camouflage is active, you gain a charge of Hidden Advance every 0.5 seconds. Each charge of Hidden Advance increases the damage dealt by your next melee attack by 4%. Stacks up to 12 charges and lasts for up to 6 seconds after exiting Force Camouflage.
- Intercessor: Force Leap grants Intercessor, allowing you to activate Force Leap a second time. Intercessor lasts up to 7.5 seconds and is removed if Force Leap is reused. If Intercessor is not utilized by the end of its duration, Force Leap is placed on a 7.5 second cooldown. Additionally, Force Leap now builds 2 Centering.
The video below is my video guide to the Sentinel Concentration Discipline in SWTOR Patch 5.0. Includes visual demonstrations of Ability Priorities, Standard Opener, Utilities and more.
Have a question about the guide? Want to suggest something or share your visions?
Leave a comment, let me hear what you think about my presentation.
Did you find this post entertaining and useful? Let me know what’s your opinion. Leave a Comment & Share the article.
Stay in touch! Follow Vulkk on Facebook, Twitter & Google+. Sign up for the VULKK.com’s Weekly Newsletter.
Shop Related ProductsShare this: