This month Darkest Dungeon introduces the Antiquarian and many economy changes
To the hardcore fans who went through insane amounts of grinding and 100s of weeks worth of dungeon crawling the update from this month may seem like a huge nerf-bat, but it will come handy to those just starting their frustr… I mean progression :)
If you like, you can read the full article on Reddit here: The Antiquarian Update – Build #13843 (PC/MAC)
And here are the important changes:
- New Class: Antiquarian!
- New Stage Coach upgrade tree: higher level heroes to recruit!
- Quest Rewards: Heirloom type is no longer tied to each region. Instead, a random heirloom reward is generated for each individual quest.
- Heirloom Exchange: trade heirlooms in town! You lose a little in each trade, but this is a quick fix to get that upgrade you really need.
- Trophy Trinkets now find their way back to the hamlet after losing one. This means also means Trophy Trinkets will now reward retroactively.
- changed never again buff to 50% (was 30%)
- Roster Size Increase: 9/12/16/20/24/28
**Town upgrade pricing adjustments:
- reduced crest costs for Nomad and Survivalist
- reduced deed costs in blacksmith
- slightly increased deed costs in Stage Coach
- increased crest usage in most buildings by 25%
- added costs for new stagecoach upgrade tree
- Increased Min Damage for L4/L5 weapons from 7/8 to 8/9
- HP changed from 22/26/30/34/38 to 23/28/33/38/43
- Added Riposte
- Added Bleed Resist Debuff
- Increased DMG mod to +15%
- Field Dressing now always heals for 35% and has a 50% chance to heal for 50%
- Bonus SPD changes from 5/6/7/8/9 to 4/5/6/7/8 SPD
- Now applies even on Miss
- Added Never Again bearers to roster group when sorting by Level
- Added Characters in party to be grouped up when sorting roster by activity.
- Removed ability to use Firewood while in the middle of camping, thus starting a new camp. You can no longer camp, while you camp, even though you all like to camp.
- Added NG+ Crest to Embark and Provisioning screens.
- Added The Siren’s version of the Cove Music to the Soundtrack DLC.
- Backer Heroes and Trinkets are now unique to the estate and can be reacquired after losing one.
- Fix to Abominations who stayed in beast form after being teleported out of combat.
- Fix to Narrator lines not playing when starting New Game +
- Fixed to NG+ tutorial using wrong backgrounds.
- Fixed Cursor selection issues around Party Roster on Embark/Provisions screen.
- Attempt at fixing problem where secret room icon on the map disappears.
- Fixed roster entry splat when looking at a hero in the guild or blacksmith.
- UI polish when selecting combat/camping skills in the character screen and when selecting a hero to go into the guild/blacksmith or to display the character screen.
- Added secret room scout sound.
- You can no longer sell 0 value trinkets.
- Fix plot quest order so crypts tutorial shows up first over other plot quests in the crypts.
- Fixed Heart Attack Achievement to proc off of any death resulting from a heart attack.
- Fixed “Dysfunction: Kill any boss with a party of four afflicted heroes” not counting on DD bosses.
- Fix for Fungal Giant’s Confusion Spore skill chance
If you are reading this, there’s a high chance you are also watching my newest video series about Darkest Dungeon. Right? No? D’OH! #VulkkSAD! Here, catch up, because this Saturday a huge new and filled with new information Live Show awaits you!