According to the Reddit link, this is a position for “Cartel Market Analytics”. The original job offer says “Data Analyst”. Find the differences. :)
BioWare is a division of EA which crafts high quality multiplatform role-playing, MMO and strategy games, focused on emotionally engaging, rich stories with unforgettable characters and vast worlds to discover. Since 1995, BioWare has created some of the world’s most critically acclaimed titles and franchises, including Baldur’s Gate, NeverWinter Nights, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and Dragon Age. BioWare currently operates in Edmonton (Alberta, Canada), Montreal (Quebec, Canada) and Austin (Texas).
BioWare’s games have continually achieved critical and commercial success. All of our published titles are highly rated at www.gamerankings.com; in fact we have 6 games in the top 1% highest rated games of all time! In 2008, BioWare was acquired by Electronic Arts, a leading global interactive entertainment publisher. For more information on BioWare, visit www.bioware.com, or follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/bioware. To join the millions of fans already registered with the BioWare community, go to http://social.bioware.com.
BioWare Austin is home to the critically acclaimed and award winning Star Wars®: The Old Republic™ MMO. BioWare’s Analytics and Reporting team aggregates, analyzes, and reports data in order to inform decisions and track KPIs. The Austin studio is looking for an experienced, energetic, full-time Monetization Analyst to work with our development team. This person will focus on analyzing, managing, growing, and optimizing the in-game item catalog to maximize monetization potential for Star Wars®: The Old Republic™. This job requires previous experience working with item catalog management systems, high-data volumes, and monetization optimization.
The bulletpoints below describe the job offering and requirements for the candidates:
- Work with development colleagues to define, measure, inform, and optimize an in-game item catalog system
- Inform and drive the day-to-day implementation, pricing, and optimization of in-game revenue streams
- Optimize catalog assortment (item mix/overlap) and maximize the efficiency (entry/exit timing) of the item portfolio
- Work with design and development to formulate strategies to enable individualized, player-behavior based offers
- Design, implement, and validate statistical models and A/B testing for catalog offerings, campaigns, and promotions
- Analyze and report spending behavior, buyer segmentation, and behavioral trends
- Keep abreast of competitors, providing intelligence reports on new developments within this space
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, or related fields
- 1+ years performing quantitative analysis in a metrics-driven, digital product management environment; free-to-play micro-transaction store management experience a plus
- Proven ability to develop hypotheses, sift through and identify critical data, analyze, report and recommend actionable insights to team members, stakeholders and senior leadership
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills that translate data into decision support; high attention to detail
- Strong SQL skills; familiarity with data warehousing structures and best practices preferred
- Some experience with digital product campaign and promotion design and evaluation
- Some experience in defining, developing, testing, and optimizing digital item catalog systems
- Familiarity working with video game metrics and datasets strongly preferred
- Solid grasp of finance, economics, and pricing models
- Candidate should have a general knowledge of general online game design paradigms
- Experience with MicroStrategy and/or similar tools considered a plus
- Ability to effectively manage time and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced, high-volume, deadline-driven environment
- Passion for gaming, preferably with a focus on MMOs
Check out the full “Career Oportunity” here.