Monolith brought a few free new features and a number of improvements to Middle-earth: Shadow of War together with the first paid DLC – the Slaughter Tribe. Below are the full patch notes.
Check out older Patch Notes from previous updates
Free Updates and Features
- Endless Siege: Defend your fortresses against Sauron’s forces as the Dark Lord tries to reclaim Mordor in the Endless Siege.
- Rebellion: Crush the Rebellion that sweeps Mordor as your followers band together and try to overthrow you.
- Enhanced Photo Mode: Capture every battle and siege and apply new filters, frames, and textures with the Enhanced Photo Mode update.
You can learn more about these features here: Shadow of War Developers pushing a lot of FREE DLC Content
Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion DLC (paid)
The following content and features will be added to your game upon purchase of the Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion DLC. Please note that if you currently own the Expansion Pass, this content is included with your pass.
- Slaughter Tribe: The Uruks and Ologs from the Slaughter tribe are coming, bringing their own unique weapons, fighting style and a new fortress theme to Mordor.
New Slaughter Tribe Missions
- Tribal Showdown: Face down Captains from the Slaughter tribe in Tribal Showdowns, with each showdown bringing unique challenges to complete.
- Tribal War Band: Aid your ally and defeat your nemesis when facing off in the new Tribal War Bands quests as Captains from the Slaughter tribe bring their own forces to clash.
- Legendary Gear Set: The Slaughter tribe brings their own Legendary gear set with new upgrade challenges. Accomplish these and bring your power to new levels!
- Blood Ambush: Repel Captains from the Slaughter tribe in a Blood Ambush as they’ve learned that safety in numbers provides quite an advantage.
- Fixed a number of issues where the player could encounter an infinite loading screen.
- Addressed a number of instances where Talion could get stuck within specific objects, which would force the player to have to restart the game.
- Fixed a few issues where Talion could fall outside of the environment, which would force the player to have to restart the game.
- Fixed a few issues where a message that reads “Invalid ID” could appear in specific instances.
- Fixed an incorrect tutorial message for poisoning a nearby barrel that would ask the player to hold the button rather than press the button.
- Followers will no longer die from bleed out if they are on a fortress wall that gets destroyed; they will now safely teleport to the ground.