Stay up to date with EVERYTHING ABOUT SWTOR PATCH 5.3
Here are the proposed Class Balancing Changes for SWTOR patch 5.3. Sith Assassin Hatred and Jedi Shadow Serenity get first love and attention. These are NOT final and may change when Game Update 5.3 goes live this July.
- Increased Deathmark’s periodic damage boost from 10% to 15%
- Increased Fulguration’s damage bonus for Creeping Terror from 10% to 15%
- Fulguration restores 3 Force (down from 5) when Lightning Charge deals damage
- Increased Inevitable Demise’s low health damage bonus from 15% to 30%
- In addition to its previous effects, Leeching Hunger now restores 4 Force for each of your damaging periodic effects on a target damaged by your Leeching Strike
- Clarified the tooltip for Crackling Charge
I have a detailed Class Guide to Hatred Assassin, which will be updated as soon as the patch notes become final.
- Increased Force Suppression’s periodic damage boost from 10% to 15%
- Increased Rebounding Force’s damage bonus for Sever Force from 10% to 15%
- Rebounding Force restores 3 Force (down from 5) when Force Technique deals damage
- Increased Aching Mind’s low health damage bonus from 15% to 30%
- In addition to its previous effects, Serene Poise now restores 4 Force for each of your damaging periodic effects on a target damaged by your Serenity Strike
- Clarified the tooltip for Force Focus
I have a detailed Class Guide to Serenity Shadow, which will be updated as soon as the patch notes become final.
Reason for these Changes
The text below is a quote from the official SWTOR Forums – what exactly the developers are trying to achieve and why.
With the Class changes in 5.3, we wanted to address several balance issues. One Discipline that we found to be lagging behind its target DPS output was the Hatred Assassin / Serenity Shadow. We changed several skills for this Discipline to increase its DPS output.
We wanted to help Hatred / Serenity shine at what it is supposed to be known for: high sustained melee damage. So we increased the damage bonuses granted by Deathmark / Force Suppression and Fulguration / Rebounding Force to boost the DoT damage for the Discipline – increasing the periodic damage it deals and its overall DPS output. We also wanted Hatred / Serenity to be better at finishing off enemy targets, so we increased the effectiveness of Inevitable Demise / Aching Mind (which helps to boost its overall DPS output as well).
Finally, we wanted to make Force regeneration for Hatred / Serenity a bit more consistent and increase the Force cost efficiency of Leeching Strike / Serenity Strike, so we made some adjustments to Leeching Hunger / Serene Poise and the amount of Force restored by Fulguration / Rebounding Force to achieve these goals. This should give players of Hatred / Serenity a smoother and more reliable source of Force regeneration.
In 5.3, players of Hatred / Serenity should find that their DPS output potential has increased and that their Force regeneration is a bit less random and more manageable.
► Source: swtor.com
These changes are all part of the SWTOR Summer Plans Game Producer Keith Kanneg shared with us in the SWTOR Roadmap for 2017.
Shop Related Products or visit my own Amazon Corner :)