- Stay up to date with EVERYTHING ABOUT SWTOR PATCH 5.3
Bioware has shared the 3rd batch of Class Changes planned for Patch 5.3. Today we got the Plasmatech and Pyrotech. Note, these aren’t final changes, things may be different by the time the Update goes live in July. The other previously announced changes were for Arsenal/Gunnery and Hatred/Serenity. I’ve published an of overview of how Class Balancing works and here is Bioware’s explanation of the never ending Nerf vs Buff war.
- Increased the Searing Wave damage bonus given by Superheated Flamethrower from 20% to 50%
- Reduced the burn damage of Incendiary Missile by 10%
- In addition to its previous effects, Rain of Fire now increases the damage dealt by Incendiary Missile by 10%
- Increased the critical damage bonus given by Firebug from 10% to 15%
- Increased the Ion Squall damage bonus given by Pulse Generator from 20% to 50%
- Reduced the burn damage of Incendiary Round by 10%
- In addition to its previous effects, Rain of Fire now increases the damage dealt by Incendiary Round by 10%
- Increased the critical damage bonus given by Plasmatic Assault from 10% to 15%
This is a direct quote from what the SWTOR combat dev team has in mind with the current proposed changes.
The changes to Pyrotech / Plasmatech are aimed at bringing the discipline up to its intended target DPS. With the change to Superheated Flamethrower / Pulse Generator, we wanted to make Searing Wave / Ion Squall more than just an ability used to buff the next Immolate / Plasma Flare. It can now pack quite a punch of its own.
We reduced the damage dealt by Incendiary Missile / Incendiary Round as part of our changes to bring the Innovative Ordnance Mercenary / Assault Specialist Commando down to its target DPS, but the Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard did not need this change, so we offset it with the change to Rain of Fire.
Finally, we wanted to give the all-too-predictable Pyrotech / Plasmatech a little more variability with their damage, so we increased the critical damage bonus slightly for some of their abilities with the change to Firebug / Plasmatic Assault. On the whole, Pyrotechs / Plasmatechs should see a significant DPS increase and parse in the realm of the new Hatred Assassins / Serenity Shadows.
Shop Related Products or visit my own Amazon Corner :)